I think a lot of people get overwhelmed by this whole idea and might even dread getting the whole week together in a day in terms of getting food ready. I’ve been there.
Before you throw in the kitchen towel, consider this. I don’t think there is just one way to do this and you need to pick what works for you.
Maybe it doesn’t have to be a whole “operation food prep Sunday” if it is too much for you or you have a other things planned for that day. It doesn’t have to be an all or nothing activity just a few things that will save time and make things easier during the week.
If you’re stuck, concentrate on a couple of things that would make meals easier during the week such as:
• Cutting up Vegetables and storing them in the fridge
• Making a small batch of boneless chicken (lemon pepper chicken). Ask me for the recipe 🙂
• Cooking up six hard-boiled eggs to have for lunch or a snack
• Rationing out some nuts into snack size portions for the week
• Choose one meal out of the day maybe lunch to make for the week
I know for me and I think for a lot of people, it’s about doing new things gradually. You will benefit when a meal is already made or easy to put together and you don’t have to think about it. You’re less apt to choose something that’s not healthy.
Once you get more comfortable with this and you find that it’s helpful and saves you time, you can extend it to do larger quantities which will take a little more time and make operation meal prep Sunday part of your lifestyle.make operation meal prep Sunday part of your lifestyle.